Wednesday 7 March 2012

BIRDS - this week's Tag Tuesday tag

I thoroughly enjoyed making this week's tag. Whenever DS3 and I go out geocaching in the woods, I pick up bits and pieces, feathers, acorns, moss, all sorts of things which might come in handy for crafting with one day. I was so pleased that this week I could use some of those bits.

This is the tag I made for this week's Tag Tuesday challenge, which is " BIRDS " -


The background is a handmade paper with lots of woody bits in it. Feathers and acorn caps found on walks in the woods. Beaded trim was a brocante find, I thought the beads look almost egg like. With a bit of imagination, lol. Letter stamps from a cheap little set from Tesco's, and dark brown seam binding. Of course. Gotta have seam binding.

Thats all for today, but I have to warn you, there'll be more tags tomorrow.

Now I wish you a very happy afternoon/evening/morning, wherever you are.

Toodlepip xxx

10 comments:

Denise said...

Now that is just plain BEAUTIFUL!

Yitte said...

Beautiful tag. Love all the alements your added. The eggs looking beads are great!

suziqu's thread works said...

Dear Liz
The tag is just so naturally beautiful as you are! I love all of the found elements - the acorn caps, the feathers and that bright eyed owl. Makes me feel quite at home in my own natural surroundings.
You have a true gift with these tags and they are gorgeous!
Love and hugs,
Suzy

Robin said...

What an awesome tag Liz! The background paper looks fabulous along with the owl and the acorn caps. The beads add the perfect touch!

Hugs,
Robin

Lynn Stevens said...

What an Awesome tag Liz, I adore how you used just the caps from the acorns!
hugs Lynn

Dorthe said...

Hi my dear Liz,
so beautiful, your use of acorns and feathers-the handmade paper-and wonderful owl image in brown-makes your tag something special, and very wonderful-and love the beaded trim.
Hugs to you, and a lovely day I wish you.
xx,Dorthe

Unknown said...

I love the tag, specially the acorn tops. The image of the owl is great, too. Can't wait to see others.
Thanks for sharing.
Michele

Anonymous said...

Hi Liz
The acorns are such a special little touch. Beautiful colours on your wonderful tag.
Wishes
Lynne

Sonya Badgley said...

Hi Liz,
This is my absolute favorite kind of tag. Bits and pieces from nature. What could be more beautiful than that? Looovvveee it! ;)
Hugs,
Sonya

Vicki Boster said...

Oh I love this tag-- how fab that you used the acorn caps - totally ingenuous! It's really so beautiful Liz!!
Vicki