Wednesday 24 October 2012

Blissful Whites Wednesday - French bedlinen and some purchases

I am so happy that we can carry on sharing our WHITES on Wednesdays, I got so used to posting whites and visiting other blogs for their beautiful whites. Having said that, I don't have an awful lot of whites here at the cottage at the moment. I showed you some last week, and this week, well, I was a bit stumped. So I decided to show you just a few little bits of French bedlinen ( most are in the UK waiting to be listed ) which I use here. Everybody knows about the beautifully embroidered sheets of course, I love them so much, linen is such a fabulous fabric. Ah, and the lovely pillow cases, they are so pretty! 






Treasured linens were carefully darned -

Crocheted lace edging on a pillowcase -

Lace edging, lace inserts and embroidery on a pillowcase -




This is one of my treasured little boudoir pillows, finest embroidered net lace over fabric -



Somehow that didn't seem quite enough for the first Blissful Whites Wednesday, so I set off to the sort of brocante shop in Etang. No lace, sigh, just doilies, which were way too expensive, but I had a rummage and found a couple of white things which I quite liked.

The two little urns are pretty, not entirely sure what the material is, onyx perhaps? Heavy stuff, whatever it is -







This little jug also looked rather sweet I thought, so I brought it home as well 



Of course this post is linked to the first BLISSFUL WHITES post over at TIMEWASHED

But because the photos were taken in our cottage in France, and just for once show a bit of the interior, well, the mantlepiece, lol, I am linking this post also to - 

Show and Tell Friday at the beautiful My Romantic Home blog,

Feathered Nest Friday at the equally gorgeous French Country Cottage blog, and

Shabbilicious Friday at the oh so charming Shabby Art Boutique blog.

We are going back to the UK on the weekend, I need to catch up on so many things, inchies, tags, swaps....... and listing lots of lovely stuff on Etsy of course.

Toodlepip xxx

19 comments:

Dorthe said...

Dear Liz,
your treasures are many and all so beautiful, -my favorite (like yours) are the little boudoir pillow, what a beauty, -such a special embroidery,-and love the urns mixed with the clock watch, and glass candle sticks.
A most pretty new white wednesday view.
I wish you a safe travel back to London, and sends you hugs.
xx,Dorthe

Bente said...

So beautiful.

Hugs

morkaren said...

Hvid onsdag er da en skøn ide, og dejligt at se alt det gamle velbevaret linned, med mellemværk og flæser. knus morkaren.

Queenie Believe said...

I just love white embroidery on white linen...beautiful! And your set of white alabaster urns are wonderful too!
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie

Pat C. said...

Oh, Liz, your beautiful French linens would have been enough white lusciousness from you today, but the urns and jug are an extra special treat! I think Queenie is right that the urns are made of alabaster... regardless, I love them so!♥ xoxo

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Such a beautiful WW post,dear Liz.
Love it all.
Hugs,
Marie

Rhonda said...

This is a gorgeous WW post, Liz! It's me that cannot decide what to post today...sigh.

Lovely WW post, you've got it down.

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Hi dear Lizzie, You've found very lovely whites again. Those embroidered linens are gorgeous and that boudoir pillow is very beautiful too. I also like the urns and the jug.
Hugs to you,
Julia

Gaby Bee said...

Your french bedlinens are absolutely stunning and I LOVE the clock face.
Thanks for this beautiful post, Liz!

Have a great day!
Gaby xo

The Farmers Daughter said...

What a beautiful blog you have! And, beautiful whites. . .I'm your newest follower!

Lynn Stevens said...

Awe.... pure bliss.
Hugs Lynn

suziqu's thread works said...

Oh yes I agree with Lynn! Pure white bliss!
If I were visiting I might just run home with that boudoir netted lace pillow - What a dream!
Love all the beautiful embroidered linen with lace edging on the pillows - Oh just so pretty!
And of course all the whites on the mantle.
You are probably reading this now back at home (oh I mean the other home in the UK).
Thanks for your gorgeous comment on my French pages dear friend.
Sending white hugs,
Suzy xox

Shane Pollard said...

You have collected such beautiful white linen pieces Liz - Oh I love it so much.
That was what I loved finding in France, pieces with a history, mainly I found only the edgings of old sheets - I treasure every piece I have and often wonder who they belonged to before I rescued them!
I wish the sheets could talk and tell me their story!!!

hugs
Shane ♥

Mom E. said...

Liz, the boudoir pillow is similar to the one I want to make for my chair! Oh, this gives me confidence in making it! Love the bed linens....*big sigh*
Lanette

Mom E. said...

.......and I LOVED the pitcher!

Annie (Lady M) x said...

Aw my, you have a beautiful blog. My mother used to collect linens like that so it brought back some lovely memories. I stopped by from 2 Bags Full 'grow your blog' event, and I am now your newest follower! Annie P.S. That little jug is gorgeous

BECKY said...

Absolutely love your linens, and I am a huge fan of those darling darns we find on the antique linens!

Thanks so much for sharing at Blissful Whites Wednesday!
Have a lovely week!
Becky

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Adore your collection!! Thank you for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday!

Alexandra said...

Wow sind das schöne Stücke!