Wednesday 31 October 2012

Oh la la French WHITES

Yay, it is WHITE WEDNESDAY again! The weather has been horrible the last few days, so I haven't been able to photograph anything new, but I have a bunch of photos of delicious antique French nighties etc. which I had put together to show to a friend a while ago.

Here is a small selection of French antique nighties, bed jackets, and.... bloomers! -

Antique French Nightdresses -







Beautifully embroidered pure cotton bedjackets -





Amazing bustier, the embroidery is incredibly well done, and check out the fabulous handmade button -






The sweetest little children's garments - 

A tiny little jacket -

A child's bloomers -

A little girl's nightdress -

And last but not least, ooh la la...... 19th Century bloomers! -




I love antique and vintage clothing. Happy White Wednesday!

Here is the link to the fabulous TIMEWASHED blog, where you can find many more beautiful and BLISSFUL WHITES! Toodlepip xxx

13 comments:

Dorthe said...

Dear Liz,
what a fantastic beautiful collection you have of vintage clothing.
Every piece wonderfully made, and in the most delicate cottons and wonderful laces and embroideries.
Such many treasures Liz, one more gorgeous than the other.
You could not find a more beautiful way of blogging for White Wednesday.
Thankyou for showing your lovely collection.
Hugs,Dorthe

morkaren said...

Hvor er det lækker lingeri du viser os i dag, det er så dejligt at den slags bliver bevaret for eftertiden, og når man så ved et er syet og broderet i hånden, så får man respekt for de kvinder der var før os. knus morkaren.

Floss said...

Marvelous pieces! I love that the little French button is so much like a Dorset button... And the bloomers are so detailed. I have some lovely British baby clothes, collected in my teens, but I don't have anything to compare to your 'French Collection'.

Karen B. said...

Dear Liz,

everything is so beautiful!!
hugs
Karen B. ~ Todolwen

Jeannie B. said...

I love these white textiles and my fingers are itching to touch the fine fabric. The embroidery is beautiful!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I love antique and vintage clothes too. Thank you for sharing I love looking at them!

Carol

Mom E. said...

LuluLiz,
These beautiful french nightgowns just make me smile. I love the feel of that kind of cotton to sleep in... it breathes so well and they look so feminine and classic...Thanks for the views! I hope you will post more again another time!
Lanette

Mom E. said...

LuluLiz,
These beautiful french nightgowns just make me smile. I love the feel of that kind of cotton to sleep in... it breathes so well and they look so feminine and classic...Thanks for the views! I hope you will post more again another time!
Lanette

suziqu's thread works said...

Oh how I love this post Liz!
This collection of antique French nighties I could just look at all day and it is one of the best I have seen - you lucky girl! Just truly gorgeous - every bit of antique lace and every hand stitch! Amazing!!!
Do you hang these or are they kept folded?
Sending much lacey love to you!
Suzy

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

OMG Lizzie, What a fabulous collection you have! Each piece is simply gorgeous and such a joy to look at. I have to go back to look at all the lovely details again. Thank you for sharing!
Have a great day!
Big hugs,
Julia

Shane Pollard said...

Oh Liz
I'm drooling - you have the most exquisite collection of French lingerie - the hand work is divine.
Shane ♥
ps - I just love the name of your blog!

Alexandra said...

Ist das geil! Wunderbare Sachen hast du da! Einen alten Rock habe ich auch noch ;)

Mom E. said...

Hey girl,
The bed jacket in this post, with the scallops on the sleeves, is it still available? I think I want to purchase it! I will check our emailing from last year! LOL
hugs,
Betsy